Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wonderful Long Weekend

We had a great weekend and President's Day yesterday. My parents came on Friday night. My dad went to Dothan on Saturday to see my grandmother, who is in an Alzheimer's place. My mom stayed with me and Wesley. The three of us had fun on Saturday. We ate lunch at Red Lobster and then went to see all the kitties up for adoption at Petco. That is always fun, and I always fall in love with one. After Wesley's nap we all played outside for a little while. Arturo got home Saturday night about 11:45. It was so good to have him home. Sunday for lunch we ate at our newest restaurant, Texas Roadhouse. It was very good. I was so excited for Sunday night because Arturo and I got to have our first date in many, many months. I can't even remember the last time we had one. We went to eat at Thai Cuisine (our favorite restaurant) and went to see Taken. That was an AWESOME movie. Yesterday we showed my mom and dad our restaurant. Yes, I can say now that we got the place. The rest of our day yesterday was spent playing outside, walking around the mall, eating at Beef 'O'Brady's and grocery shopping. I hated to see Arturo leave this morning, just like I always do, but hopefully it won't be for too much longer. We're hoping for a lot of good news this week.


Wesley didn't have his nap yesterday. Arturo and I were talking at Beef 'O' Brady's last night, and I looked over at Wesley, who had gotten unusually quiet, and he was sound asleep.

1 comment:

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, Julianne, and Cole said...

I'm glad you and Arturo were able to spend some QT together- it is so important! I know you were glad to see your parents too. Hopefully this week will pass by quickly for you and things will calm down a bit.