Monday, April 27, 2009

Updates

I have been a terrible blogger as of late. Things have been really hectic the last few weeks.

I am pleased to say that Arturo was home all of last week and is home again this week! Hopefully, he won't have to commute anymore, and we can now focus completely on our restaurant here. There is still a lot to do, but we are making progress with it, and I can tell you this: It is going to be beautiful when we are done. I will have to put pictures up to show the finished product. The name of the restaurant is Pueblo Viejo, which means "Old Town" or "Old Village." So, we are going to decorate with very old pictures from Mexico and just general pieces that have that "old" feel. You Andalusia folk can get an idea by some of the pictures that are in Old Mexico that I happened to see a few weeks ago when I was there. I take credit for those pictures, by the way. At my high school in Mobile, I found them in a closet, gave them to Arturo, and I think various members of his family have copied them because they now hang in many restaurants.

It has been so nice having Arturo home. Wesley has been absolutely terrible, though. When it was just me and him, he was wonderful most of the time. When Arturo is around, I don't know what happens to him. I guess we were just in a routine, and then Arturo kind of messed that up, as bad as that sounds. Of course, I would much rather our family be together and Wesley have a few more meltdowns or whining spells. Did I actually just type that? Just kidding...

Wesley is doing great at school. I'm now trying to plan out the summer. I'll probably put him in at least three VBS's and maybe a few half-day camps. I want to keep him busy and not having to sit at the restaurant while I work.

That's it for now, and I'll try to blog better, I promise!

I'm posting a few recent pictures.

Wesley's 4th Birthday at Disney World - March 14th


Money Well-Spent


My Two Favorite Boys

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Hey! I'm glad you updated! It looks like you have been really busy - but what a nice payoff in a few weeks when you are completely done! I must be rewarding to look at your finished product. Wesley is so cute! I can't belive he is already four. I'm sorry I missed you the weekend you came to Andalusia. We were at the beach for Savannah's B-day. Please post pics of your restaurant soon.