Christmas 2008 was a wonderful time for my family. My parents came up on Christmas Eve to be with us. Sometimes I wonder if I got really special, meaningful gifts for my family, but this year I felt great about what everyone received. I gave Arturo his own engraved Bible. He got teary-eyed when he opened it. My mom is lighthouse-crazy, and since she already has everything else lighthouse-themed imaginable, I got her lighthouse shower curtain rings and a lighthouse handtowel for the bathroom. She loved them. I got my dad a Cracker Barrel gift card and a Devil Rays t-shirt, which both went over very well. Wesley's main gift was a bicycle. Anytime anyone asked him what he wanted for Christmas, he said "A bicycle," so Arturo and I knew we had a winner with that. I got some soft, comfy PJs from my parents (which I stayed in all day Christmas Day), some earrings and a "I Love Lucy" snow globe. Arturo gave me a beautiful cross for my necklace and some earrings. We had thought about giving each other a Wii, but decided against it this year. We did go to Wal-Mart last night and bought a PacMan game console that has a bunch of different 80s arcade games on it. Maybe we're stuck in the past a bit, but the three of us have had fun with it so far!
Now I'm trying to think of ways to keep Wesley busy until he goes back to school next week. I took him to Michael's today and bought him an activity board where he can trace numbers and letters as well as practice writing them by himself. He loves to do things like that, so hopefully that will occupy some time. I'm really looking forward to the new year...

No comments:
Post a Comment