Seeing Nancy's pictures of her baby Jack and reading her blog about nursing, sleep deprivation, etc. has made me think about when I went through all that with Wesley. I am a person who loves to sleep, and the sleep deprivation I had the first year was enough to bring me to tears many, many times. Nursing had its ups and downs. Like Nancy said, you have to be very careful what you eat because whatever you eat goes right to the baby. I nursed because aside from the incredible health benefits it gives your baby, think of the time and money you save not having to buy formula and make bottles! Nursing also helped me shed the baby weight in about two weeks. I only gained 25 pounds during my pregnancy, though. You think that you are never going to forget things about the time when you have a newborn/infant. Well, you do. It's hard for me to remember a whole lot when Wesley was a baby, probably because I was so dang tired all the time. It just goes by so fast. I can't believe he is almost 4 already.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
He is such a cutie! When is Wesley's birthday? I gained 27 lbs. with my pregnancy and am waiting for the last 10 to come off- no fun. That's awesome you got it all off so fast- you look fantastic!
His birthday is March 14th. Well, I wish I could say it was all rosy after I had him. It came off quickly, like right after he was born, but I gained a good bit back later just by eating junk food a lot. Since I've cut down on that stuff, I've lost those extra pounds but just need to exercise more. You look great, too! Exactly the same as I remember you!
Post a Comment